The talents and gifts of the St. Francis community are represented in this beautiful Church building, which was dedicated in 2001. Many parishioners contributed their time, talents and treasure to make this beautiful church a reality. The front of the church is designed with movable tiles so that the altar can be repositioned. It has been located in the center of the church for the best views of the services during live broadcasting. It also enables the congregants to 'eat' around the Lord's table.
In the Historical register, St. Francis' Historic Church is a quintessentially New England Greek revival building. It is believed to be the oldest standing worship building in Stamford. For many years, it was the worship site for the Universalist Society. In 1946, the Episcopal Church bought the building and has been worshipping there ever since. The space is simple and peaceful. The natural light and clear windows allows one to look out on the beauty of creation, making it a special place of worship.
Adjacent to the Historic Church, attached by a breezeway, is the Meeting Room. This provides space for committee meetings as needed. It is especially used for Vestry meetings and also serves as the St. Francis' office.
Next door to the Meeting Room is the rectory. It is another of the historic houses on Old Long Ridge Road. The pastor and his wife have held numerous parties throughout the years for the parishioners. Fellowship and good food are always shared!
A columbarium is a place for the respectful storage of urns, holding a deceased person's cremated remains. St. Francis has 2 Columbariums which are located in a lovely and peaceful setting behind the Historic Church.
In 2019, we welcomed our new tenant, A Place Like Home Day Care, to the beautiful school building adjacent to the Church. We are so happy to share this space with a loving and well run day care establishment. For more information on A Place Like Home, click APLH button.